The following study tips will help you in the weeks leading up to the IELTS.
- Become familiar with the test as early as possible. The skills being tested in the IELTS take a period of time to build up. Cramming is not an effective study technique for IELTS.
- Use your study time efficiently. Study when you are fresh and, after you have planned a timetable, make sure that you keep to it. Set goals and ensure that you have adequate breaks. In the IELTS test, each of the four Band Modules Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking carries the same weight. Study each skill carefully and spend more time on the skills in which you feel you are weak.
- Be aware of the exact procedure for the test. Be very clear on the order of each section, its length and the specific question types. There are many resources available to help you practice these skills.
- Having a study partner or a study group is an excellent idea. Other students may raise issues that you may not have considered.
- Seek help from teachers, friends.